Duplex™ CenTraVac™ Chiller (CDHG & CDHH) 1,500 to 4,000+ Tons
Designed for large capacity applications such as campuses, district cooling plants and industrial processes, the Trane Duplex chiller builds on the highly successful CenTraVac chiller by using the same design principles that have been proven for over 75 years.
CenTraVac Duplex chillers are among the Trane products within the EcoWise™ product portfolio and are available with either R-123 or next-generation refrigerants R-514A or R-1233zd, both featuring ultra-low global warming potential (GWP) of less than 2.
The Duplex chiller consists of two separate compressors with independent refrigerant circuits in a series counterflow arrangement which reduces the chiller power consumption by reducing the lift on the chiller. This design philosophy also delivers a degree of redundancy and results in a reduced starting inrush current compared to that of a single compressor chiller. Chiller performance can be verified on an AHRI-approved test stand.
Benefits of a Duplex Chiller:
- Industry’s highest efficiencies in large tonnage applications
- Superior part load efficiencies using Adaptive Frequency™ drives to leverage low lift conditions
- Reduced footprint with unit mounted starter and Adaptive Frequency drive options
- Low pumping costs from single pass design
- Additional system energy saving options including thermal storage and partial heat recovery
- Near-zero documented leak rate… ask your Trane representative about our updated 0.0% Leak-Tight Warranty.
A sustainable product with the papers to prove it… The Trane CenTraVac centrifugal chiller is the first commercial chiller in the world to earn product-specific Type III Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) registration based on a third-party life cycle assessment.
The CenTraVac chillers are also among the Trane products within the EcoWise™ product portfolio, and can operate with either R-123 or which operate using next-generation refrigerants R-514A or R-1233zd, both featuring ultra-low global warming potential (GWP) of less than 2.